Thursday, April 12, 2012

Restaurants in Blois

I%26#39;ll be staying in Blois on a Sat. and Sun. in June. Can anyone recommend any restaurants on the simple side, nothing fancy but good and most importantly, open on Sat and Sun for dinner?




|||



Yes, the Restaurant at the Hotel La Renaissance is fine, and there is a Cafe/Pizzeria next door that also might suit:



…venere.com/hotels_blois/…




|||



If you are comfortable with ordering from a French menu, we really enjoyed Le Lapin Gourmand at 18 Rue du Bourg neuf. Our daughter speaks fairly fluent French, but was unfamiliar with a few of the cooking terms. The owner was so sweet and wanted to make sure that we were ordering something we would like, she went and got her English dictionary so she could explain the dishes in detail to my daughter. While it was not my favorite meal (still very good though), it was my favorite dining experience!




|||



Being high season, almost all of the restaurants and bistro%26#39;s in Blois will be open on both Saturday and Sunday night.





There is a lot of choice but I recommend %26quot;Le Triboulet%26quot; situated right next to the entrance of the Chateau. The food is very good and there are several set menu%26#39;s (starting at €14.50 for dinner)as well as the normal carte.





http://www.letriboulet.com/accueil.php




|||



Both suggestions sound good and I have checked them out and added them to my list. I do feel comfortable ordering in French and I can%26#39;t wait to practice my French, it%26#39;s part of the adventure.





I am happy to hear restaurants open on Sun in June. I had looked at websites and their scheduled shows them closed on Sun.





Thank you!




|||



Certainly all the restaurants will be open on Saturday and you will still have a choice on the Sunday night even if some are closed.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment