Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hotel le Cesar, Bonnieux

I am traveling to Provence with 8 friends in late June. We have booked rooms at the Hotel le Cesar in Bonnieux and plan to tour the Lubreon, Orange, Les Baux from there. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? It is within our budget [which is limited], I%26#39;ve seen it from the outside only and fell in love with it and with Bonnieux. Is this a good spot from which to tour the places I mentioned?


We will end out stay in Avignon where we are returning our rental cars to the TGV station. Can anyone recommend a hotel not far from the station in Avignon for our last night?


Thanks.






|||



Bonnieux to the TGV station at Avignon is less than 1 hour, I%26#39;d stay where you are.



Rgds



Wilko




|||



We,too, are considering Hotel le Cesar in Bonnieux, because we want to stay within the town, not out in the countryside. Does anyone have any insights into this hotel? There are no reviews listed here.




|||



Would agree completely that there is absolutely no need to move hotels - it is not far at all.



I don%26#39;t know the hotel from an interior point of view but it is adjoining a restaurant(Ste Andre) that we like and use a lot when in the area - we were there 2 weeks ago. I got the impression that there was some connection between the two but I will stand to be corrected. It has always been a toss up as to whether we ate at Cesar or Andre as the hotel and restaurant of Cesar look fine and the best info I can give you is that if I was staying in Bonnieux I would be happy to give Cesar a try. It does not give the appearance of somewhere you would be dissapointed with.



It is on the upper level of the town as you head to the church and should have some superb views if you have the right room.



Bonnieux is a lovely town - one of our favourites in Provence - you have made a good choice of base.



Sorry I can%26#39;t be more precise on this one but this may help



Neal




|||



Hello Neal.....I somehow missed your very helpful reply to my inquiry about the Hotel Cesar. I apologize for not thanking you at the time you posted.





We are getting ready to leave for France next week, and I was just re-checking information about all our hotels. Your comments about Bonnieux and Hotel Cesar are very encouraging. I have two rooms reserved for three nights, and now I feel much more comfortable about our stay at hotel Cesar.





I sure appreciate your help with this inquiry.





Cordially, Martha




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment