Thursday, March 29, 2012

How to get from rue de Crimee to Porte Maillot by 5 a.m. ?

Hello. I need to catch the shuttle bus to Beauvais at 0500 to make my 0815 flight. I read that the metro begins running at 0530, so that is out. What would be the best way to get from my hostel (St. Christopher%26#39;s) to Porte Maillot in time? Also, an approximate estimate of the cost would be appreciated!




|||



Call les Taxis bleus one day ahead.




|||



Buses in Paris run 24 hours. The reduced night service is called Noctilien:





noctilien.fr/Noctilien/pages/en/index.html





The above site gives you an overview of the service, but use





www.ratp.fr





to plan your journey, as there are a number of alternative bus routes/times you can use to get to Porte Maillot.





For instance, the N13 bus stops at the intersection of Rue Crimee/Jean Jaures at 04:05. You need to change at Chatelet for the N24 that stops at Porte Maillot at 04:57, which may be a bit tight. To leave extra time, you need to catch the 03:35 and the N11 from Chatelet.





The main advantage of Noctilien is the cost - should a standard t+ (metro) ticket - just over 1 euro.




|||



I should have added that Noctilien services are much more frequent, at the weekend so it is easier to make a connection. All the more reason why you must check the timetable using your travel date.




|||



Thanks for the replies. I think I might go the taxi route as to allow a little more sleep time, unless the price difference is great? There will be 2 of us. So, I would need to call for the taxi the night before?




|||



ARMom,





I%26#39;d go the taxi route. We just came back on Saturday and though the early morning rate is more and we went the scenic route, it was still relatively affordable and my piece of mind was worth it. The last time I was in Paris I did the Parishuttle and was in a panic because the driver got lost trying to find one of the other fares and I was afraid we%26#39;d miss our flight. I don%26#39;t know what the fare would be to Porte Maillot but it should be doable.





L




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment