Thursday, March 29, 2012

Le Tastevin or Atelier Maitre Albert?

We decided we can%26#39;t afford the Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise for our last night in Paris (a Sunday), so it%26#39;s a moderately nice dinner and cruise on our own...





We%26#39;d like to eat on/near Ile de la Cite and then take the Vedettes du Pont Neuf night cruise--or should we cruise then eat (we%26#39;d like to see the lights)? After researching reviews on TA and our books, we%26#39;ve narrowed it down to two: Le Tastevin and Atelier Maitre Albert.





Any votes? Or other suggestions? I ruled out Mon Vieil Ami because of the close seating arrangements.





Thanks!




|||



We had a great dining experience at Atelier Maitre D%26#39;Albert a few months ago. I%26#39;ve never been to your other choice.




|||



My friend and I had dinner at Le Tastevin w/ some acquaintances of hers from here in San Diego we literally %26quot;bumped into%26quot; at Au Bon Accueil 2 nights earlier in October.





I loved the ambiance, we had a small table in the corner next to the bar -it was busy but not distracting.......despite sitting next to the bar.





We had a 9:15 reservation and our table was the only spare table in the restaurant at that time. I was greeted warmly despite our party being late - I had gone ahead to arrive promptly at our appointed time as our companions were late and we had agreed to meet in front of Notre Dame. While I waited for my partner and her acquaintances, I had a Kir Royale, when they arrived, we had a good bottle of Cote D%26#39;Or, I had the escargot as the entree, the Turbot (which they offered to take to the kitchen to remove from the bone - I declined....) as main course and the cheese plate to finish our wine. Creme Brulee for desert w/ coffee %26amp; Calvados.........





Dinner was excellent, service was good, was friendly, we were made to feel comfortable despite the late hour, we lingered until closing, apologized to the staff for keeping them so late and thanked them for such an excellent meal.





I loved this restaurant and would happily return, I have not been to Atelier Maitre Albert although I have heard nothingb but good things here.........





Bon Appetit!




|||



Thank you both for sharing your experiences! I%26#39;m still undecided. This is the only night for which we%26#39;re making dinner reservations and it%26#39;s so hard to choose from these two well-reviewed places!





In terms of ambiance, Tastevin looks cozy; AMA looks more modern? Prices seem comparable.





I can%26#39;t find a menu for Tastevin on their site; sounds like it changes often. Unlike my husband, I am not very adventurous when it comes to meat (can maybe handle chicken, pork, salmon--definitely no organ meat). Are there veggie or chicken options at Tastevin?





Also, I%26#39;m trying to get a handle on how much time to allow. As I said, I%26#39;d like to cruise after dinner. Last boat leaves at 10:30. How early should I make reservations to have a leisurely dinner then walk from middle of lle St. Louis to Pont Neuf in time?




|||



Sabrina, I pulled my receipt for our meal at Le Tastevin. Sadly it only lists that we each ordered from le menu degustation. It was 48 Euros each.





I do not specifically recall a vegetarian option - not always easy to find that one in France. However, if you can handle beef, chicken, pork, salmon - I think you will be fine in almost any French restaurant. Salmon (saumon) is commonly found on many menus.





We try to eat later in the evening when in Paris. It kind of makes it hard to do anything afterwards because we spend 2+ hours over dinner and everything is usually closed by then. I don%26#39;t know how late the cruises run, so perhaps a cruise and then dinner?




|||



sabrina, the walk from AMA to Ile de la Cite won%26#39;t take longer than 5-10 minutes. Give yourself at least two hours for dinner, three to be safe. Have a good time!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment