Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Disney Charge Cards

Dear All





I%26#39;m not sure if what I%26#39;m asking about is a charge card but .... I think I%26#39;ve read somewhere that we can get items charged to our room instead of using cash and then at the end of our stay we will pay with our credit card. Oh I forgot to mention we are staying in the Sequoia. Is this true?





What I%26#39;d like to know is;





Can everything be charged to our room - from eating out to mickey mouse ears from the shop?





Is there an extra charge for this service?





Items bought from gift shops - do these items get taken to our room for us?





Have any of you used this service and what pros and cons have you come across?





I am looking forward to your replies!





Many thanks




|||



Hi there Gownlady.



You mean express check out I think.



We have used it twice one time at Disneyland hotel and one time at Hotel New York.



They take a print of Your Visacard, if they don´t have it already.



You get a amount at every hotel Highest amount at Disneyland hotel, then lower , when You reach the limit they will let You Know that they charge Your card and for that amount, then You can still use you r card .



We used it till everything, dresses , food at the restaurants, Only at Disney thing then not at rainforest cafe or McDonalds.



Yeah and they take it to your rooms, we got picture taken and got them to our room.



Very easy.



Cons when staying for 6 days and nights as us we passed the credit limit after 3 nights , and since I didn´t know how big the limit was at the hotel, I got a little bit afraid when I got the message at the hotel that I should go to the reception and talk with them. I did so and it was nothing to worry about they just wanted med to know that they charge the card that day for the limited amount, and that I could continy to using it afterward.



And remember to keep Your recipy so You are sure that the charge they make is right.



Mutter




|||



Gownlady, you have understood the principle exactly. There is no charge for the service but there is a limit on the card (which I can%26#39;t remember off hand, about 500 Euros I think) and when you get to the limit you just pay some or all of it off and away you go.



There are no cons that we came across other than the potential embarrassment of being over your limit when you go to buy a souvenir and of course the potential to spend more than you intend!



You can put everything Disney on it i.e. you cannot put a meal at the Rainforest Cafe on it for instance.



If you buy stuff in the parks it can be taken to your room. IIRC there is no charge for this service.




|||



Oh thank you for your replies.





Now another thing that as crossed my mind is the exchange rate. I%26#39;ve only ever used a credit card abroad once before and that was in Mexico and I can%26#39;t really remember what the outcome was. Can you tell me, when you%26#39;ve used your credit card as the exchange rate been to your advantage or disadvantage?




|||



Hi Gownlady .



I am not sure what You mean, but



if you are going to use your creditcard, and take out money everytime you going to buy somethings I think that it will cost more than if You use the express card who will only been drawn one time, or two like in my case. You will save some money there, but it all depends on what your bank take in intrest I think or charge amount, some bank do take a lot every time you use the card someone less.



And Sorry about my spelling.



Mutter




|||





The exchange rates vary from card to card and some charge, but they are usually inline with the exchange rate. The room charging idea works well just make sure you keep tabs on your spending!!!!




|||



Thank you for your replies so far. I%26#39;ve applied for a Abbey card as I found out from the %26#39;Money%26#39; man on the GMTV website that this credit card doesn%26#39;t charge when using abroad (fingers crossed it arrives in time). Like you%26#39;ve said though - we%26#39;ll have to keep an eye on our spending!!





If you%26#39;ve any other tips or ideas please let me know :)




|||



Make sure you let the credit card company (whoever it turns out to be) know that you are travelling abroad. The card companies keep a close eye on unusual spending patterns and may not authorise a transaction if they believe/suspect it is fraudulent. This could cause unecessary embarrassment for the sake of a phone call.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment