Monday, April 23, 2012

Restaurant/Bistro - Le Train Bleu, at Gare de Lyon

Does anyone have any experience with this restaurant in the Gare de Lyon train station? I%26#39;d like to try it out for Sunday lunch. Suggestions of what to do or what to avoid!!




|||



This restaurant is a treasure for its interior with the food secondary. If you search for it with the search function you will come up with pages of commentary. Look it up on the internet for the history--a belle epoque gem with decent food. Well worth the visit.




|||





It is a lovely experience.





If you do a search in the box( print rest.name), you will read so many other travelers comments that will aid in your decision making.




|||



Here is one of the searches :





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k61516…




|||



The building is very nice. However, I did not have a good experience with the cuisine. In all fairness, I was there with a group of about 25 people and we ordered from a special menu.




|||



Thank you, everyone, who replied. I%26#39;ll dine with your comments in mind and hope for the best.




|||



I ate lunch at Le Train Bleu last Sept. 2007 for lunch on a Friday. The place is beautiful and I thought the food was quite adequate. I enjoyed everything about it. I recommend it.





I have a co-worker who went to Paris a year ago and Le Train Bleu was her favorite restaurant experience from her trip. Her face just lit up when she spoke about it. It is well worth having a meal there.





You can go to the restaurant website and make a reservation on line if you know when you intend to eat there.





Enjoy!




|||



I have been to this restaurant, great food. We ordered beef tartare, lobster ravioli, and some others. The food was good in my opinion and the price was not too bad. We were there for lunch.





The ambience there is great. I highly recommend this place.




|||



It is a magnificent restaurant. A historical monument. You have to tell them how much time you have for dinner or they may think you have a train to catch and rush you through your meal. I have always had good food there but nothing memorable. No WOW experience. Best is to stick to traditional dishes as they do them better than the latest creative addition on the menu.




|||



I had a delicious chocolate dessert there too. I can%26#39;t remember what it was--just that I really enjoyed it.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment