Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sightseeing tours from Caen

I am spending this holiday weekend (May 1, 2008) in Caen. I am having trouble finding D-day tours or, in fact, any tours at all that originate in Caen. I can find lots of options from Bayeux and from Paris. However, I live in Paris and will be in Caen. Does anyone know of any tours that originate out of Caen to the Beaches, the cemeteries or to Honfleur. I wold appreciate your help.





Thanks.





Al




|||



No, sorry. Howeer, Bayeux is only about a 15 minute drive from Caen so why not pick one up there?.... IF you can get one now, I know they are very popular and a lot are booked up several weeks in advance.




|||



Thanks so much for responding. I knew that Bayeux and Caen were close, but I am pleased to hear that it%26#39;s only 15 min. Since I am traveling by train, I won%26#39;t have a car. Is there public transportation between the two that I could select?





Thanks for your help.





Al




|||



Yes the train only takes about ten minutes and the station in Bayeux is easy walking distance to many hotels and the centre of town.




|||



Also, most of the sightseeing tours pickup from Bayeux station.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:39 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment