Wednesday, April 25, 2012

English speaking & pushing

Dear All





I%26#39;m very excited for our Disney holiday in may but I keep having a little niggling feeling from reading forums and speaking to people about DLP.





We are going Spring Bank time so yes I am expecing it to be really busy and I am expecting loads of waiting around but are the French really that bad?? Do they really push and shove people out of the way??





Staff - I want this trip to be magical for all of us and whenever I call Disney it%26#39;s usually American%26#39;s that take the call and they are so friendly and sound so happy and make me more excited about going to DLP - are we going to experiance this warm friendly feeling at DLP from the members of staff working there? And how good is their English? I%26#39;m trying to learn some French and I%26#39;m getting my son do do more French homework but we are not very good at all!





I am looking forward to your replies :)




|||



Dear gownlady.



I have never had a bad experiance at DisneylandParis,



I know I am not english, but have never had people pushing or anything else bad.



But of course we are a family of five 2 a and 3 c 11,5,2 so the crowds its sometimes a little bit to much for the smaller ones since they can´t see, but using a trolley its no problems.



And for the ,Frence people%26quot; have been in DLP and other places in France have never had any problems.



Actually I think they are very polite. And France is one of the country I would love to explore more.



And for the Staff They are excellent people smiling and answer Your questions in English, so no problems there and if they have problems they ask someone else to help You.



Have nice Holiday.



Friendley regards



Mutter




|||



There is a little pushing and shoving I tend to find around:





A - shuttle busses - its everyone for themselves



B - characters that are wandering around (i.e. not part of an organised meet and greet)





So the answer is - when in Disney do as everyone else does - I know thats not in our %26quot;english%26quot; nature but thats how it is. Not so much it would spoil your holiday but I have seen grown adults push kids out of the way to get to a better view at the parade for example or push your kids out of the way to push their kids in front so if thats the case stand your ground.





All the CM%26#39;s wear badges with little flags showing what languages they speak - all of them speak at least 2 anywhere where you might have an interaction. You may find for example the streetsweepers do not but you can always find a CM that can help. A hello, goodbye, please and thankyou is always nice to give in french though and doesn%26#39;t take much to learn or remember :-)




|||



I%26#39;m with Ruthie





There is some pushing for character photos and occasionally you will get queue jumpers, but they are pretty rare in all honesty and you%26#39;ll be hard pushed to find a queue jumper LOL.





Us Brits tend to think the French are rude and obnoxious but you really couldn%26#39;t be further form the truth. Yes, they can seem to be ignoring you when you are waiting in the queue BUT you must remember this is just how they are. If you went to Timbuktu you may find that everyone spits at you - this would be just customary in their country, not a personal thing towards you because you are English. Just remember you are in a foreign country and they do things differently :)





You will be sure to have fun and DLP is big on customer service so I doubt you will have any trouble at all :)





KC x




|||



Thank you - you%26#39;ve put my mind at ease now. I%26#39;m sure you all know what its like, you ask one person about the trip and all they tell you is the negatives. I have come to realise I asked the wrong person for advice ha ha!





I%26#39;ve got to say though - I%26#39;m very excited!




|||



Don%26#39;t forget that it%26#39;s not just French and English people who visit Disneyland but people from all over Europe. The idea of an orderly queue can vary from country to country.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment