Saturday, April 21, 2012

Films to see

Hello,



I want to know of any Films to see before going to Paris.For example we are going to Italy and recommend to see %26quot;Tea with Musollini%26quot;( For Florence),



and %26quot;The Talented Mr. Ripley%26quot;( For Rome, Amalfi Coast.).....Any ideas



Thanks in advance



Mauricio




|||



Amelie, Ridicule, Marie Antoinette, Moulin Rouge, The Man in the Iron Mask.





I%26#39;m not claiming that all of these are good movies, but they are all Paris/France related movies!




|||



Two Days in Paris (good city sights, but wasn%26#39;t too fond of the movie)





Paris Je%26#39;taime





Broken English - Paris at the end but a very very very handsome French actor all the way through!!!





French Kiss





Angel-A





The Valet





Avenue Montaigne




|||



I really loved Amelie, Angel-A, 2 Days in Paris, and Paris%26#39;Je aime ( I spelled it wrong ). They were all great movies. Amelie was the best in my opinion as far as story line. Paris Je%26#39;t amie showed the most as far as diversity in area.




|||



The American embassy in Paris has a great list of movies made in France on their website:





amb-usa.fr/resources/…movies.htm





Enjoy!




|||



Ting, merci merci merci!!!!




|||



Ouiparis,



Congratulations on your 1000 post.



Ting,



You hit the nail right in the head...



Many thanks




|||



Definitely, Paris Je T%26#39;Aime for wonderful scenes of nearly all the neighborhoods.





Not a great movie, but I love %26quot;Forget Paris%26quot; for the scenes of Paris - especially Montmartre, Pont Alexander III with the Tour Eiffel in the background, the banks of the Seine...and a nice soundtrack as well.




|||



I enjoyed Frantic, with Harrison Ford -





thru that film I discovered the mini- Statue of Liberty on that island near the tower.





It was fun to go visit on our next trip after seeing the movie.




|||



Try to see Jean-Paul Belmondo%26#39;s %26quot;le professionnel%26quot;



A great film noir from the 80%26#39;s.



Don%26#39;t know if it ever was released in Colombia, but you might find it at Amazon or any other online store.



Especially the car pursuit through Paris and over the Trocadero is legendary.



There are some clips of this movie on youtube.





If you like it, you might also try %26quot;le marginal%26quot; also by JP Belmondo....




|||



A recent thread on this site discussed this issue. Someone suggested the film Angela-a and I got it at my library. I really enjoyed it.





Tomorrow I pick up Je t%26#39;aime at the library. (I had to reserve a copy because it is so popular.) I am really looking forward to watching it. I don%26#39;t care whether it is a good movie--I just want to see all the areas of Paris as reminders of my wonderful trips there.

No comments:

Post a Comment