Wednesday, April 25, 2012

dinner cruise: help!

I%26#39;m still trying to choose a dinner cruise on the Seine for my birthday. Has anyone been on La Marina de Paris, or know anything about it? It looks good on the website, but there doesn%26#39;t seem to much info on TA. I%26#39;m making myself crazy! Thanks for your help!




|||



Hello viajare





I have%26#39;t been on La Marina de Paris, however, I%26#39;ve taken two other dinner cruises ( one was with the Bateaux Mouches)and I think they%26#39;re all pretty much the same. I can (at least) tell you what to expect.





- Be there ON TIME.





- Don%26#39;t show up in jeans...there is a dress code.





- The boats are glass-covered, but if you go out for fresh air, it can be chilly. I brought a wrap.





- The food was good but not memorable. It%26#39;s all about cruising down/up the Seinne and enjoying the illuminated architecture (Louvre/Notre Dame for example). Very very pretty!





- I remember the dinner cruises started late...if you%26#39;re used to eating at 7pm, you might want to have a late lunch being that dinner may not hit the plate until 9;30pm.





- On one dinner cruise,I had a private table with the boyfriend. On another, I sat bench style with people I didn%26#39;t know, but it turned out to be fun. If you want a private table, you may want to addresss this with the boat company.





Overall,enjoyable and relaxing. The best part is the scenery. I know this wasn%26#39;t exactly what you were asking but I thought a few tips might be useful.





Have a Very Happy Birthday!




|||



I appreciate you taking the time to write all those helpful tips; I know they%26#39;ll be useful. And thanks so much for the kind birthday wishes!




|||



You%26#39;re welcome sweetie....have a good time!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment